(Please don’t freak! We can all get through this together)
Wow. Well, hello 2020. You have made your presence clear, and heard loud and clear. I am so grateful to live in a country that is aware and proactive, and has taken action to lessen the spread of the Virus.
What does this mean for us?! Well, many things, such as:
~drastic loss of income
~need for insurance, a feeling of security if we happen to test positive
~Looking for the best way to fulfill our everyday needs at home if we are quarantined
~practicing ways we can prevent the Virus from harming us and the ones that we love
~finding activities that we can do with our children at home so they do not drive us NUTS while we are all stuck together:)
~finding ways to make extra income while we are stuck at home and not working our normal jobs…
Working Normal Job…to “Winging it”
We definitely have our work cut out for us. And I am here to help! It is SO HARD, when you have little ones and elderly ones in your life that leave you worrying. Without a doubt, gotta comply with the suggested isolation period so we can drop this virus like it’s hot.
Found out my four year old would be off school till AT LEAST second week in April, if not till the end of this spring school year. I knew I would have to think about quarantining myself. Otherwise, I would be just basically working to pay for childcare…and that is just silly.
Little Wins For Me and maybe you too?
My work was really amazing in the fact that they left it up to the employees to go on a Voluntary work-hour-reduction. This way, me and all Moms going through the same dilemma, would be able to just stay home with the kiddos. Be able to be quarantined together without fear of losing your job.
I want to hit on some points that I feel I have been lucky in finding solutions for, before everyone was on MANDATORY quarantine. So, I will start on my list above. Cause, if you are reading this, you are feeling concerned about the same issues, and I would be delighted to share the solutions that I have found so far…
Solutions for Points Made Earlier:
- drastic loss of income – There are SO many jobs you can do from home. Many you may not care to do, BUT, there are options, no matter what educational level or motivational level you are at. For GENERAL work from home options, please check out my GIGS post. There are a ton of ideas that you can make money from home, temporarily or permanently. Who knows, you may be inspired and find some crazy calling you never knew about…
- need for insurance, a feeling of security if we happen to test positive – Insurance, or lack there of, can be a huge stress-er in itself. With this particular Virus that is going around, there is no cure or vaccine. So, insurance will not help too much anyway. You can get a free test if you have the matching screening symptoms. But they are very strict and specific on this.
- The only thing you should be concerned about here is Prebiotic + Probiotic Plus Whole Food Enzymes Supplement for Men & Women. 20 Billion CFU-Whole Health Nutrition & Complete Digestive Support with Lactobacillus Acidophilus – 30 Capsules“>Prebiotic and Probiotic treatments at home to help prevent getting it. These are the only things that we can actively control. Practicing extra sanitary habits to kill off possible infections, and a plan for if you do get sick. Since all your stores locally may not have what you need if you are not stocked up already (and I will tell you it IS NOT TOILET PAPER…this is not a stomach virus) I can give you a few sites that have helped me so far in getting what our household needs:
- Amazon can bring Norwex towels, cleaning cloths, window cloths, cleaning supplies, and more right to your door. If you have never heard of Norwex before, be prepared to be amazed. This company produces magical cloths that are made from recycled materials, and will help keep your bodies and home the cleanest they can possibly be without using any type of chemicals. They have BacLoc which helps the cloth sanitize itself within 24 hours of use (with proper care and following washing instructions).
- Order your groceries and any other store items online and have it delivered to your home. If you have their debit card (does not cost a penny to get, in fact, you get 5% discount on EVERY PURCHASE doing this) you will get free delivery on every order.
- Sign up for a shopping club like Sam’s, Costco, or my absolute favorite…but for this one you have to sign up for my Zoom Webinar. It will be worth your time, I promise.
Supplies at home if we are quarantined – the wonderful thing about this century that we may not have appreciated before is delivery. We can order just about anything online and have it delivered right to our door. A lot of restaurants right now are offering free delivery too. Just to support this crazy time. DoorDash is a local service that will bring food from your favorite restaurant TO. YOU. If DoorDash is not delivering in your state or area, I am sure there is a similar company. Take advantage! This way, you do not have to go out and be exposed to extra germs. Plus this will support people trying to work extra right now.
Amazon will deliver anything and everything they offer on their site, RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. If you do not have Prime yet, now would be the time to finally give in and go for it. You will get Free Prime Video plus free shipping on all Prime orders. Plus, Free Prime Music to help you stay occupied during this crazy time.
- practicing ways we can prevent the Virus from harming us and the ones that we love – Ok, so obvious things like washing your hands well, are essential right now. Which means singing Happy Birthday song TWICE each time you wash your hands. Or, try some new songs to make it fun. Trying not to touch your face, taking extra showers, and especially using hand sanitizer. But, these are things we all already know. Just try and enjoy the extra time you get with your family. Laugh lots, love lots, and hell, make some hilarious quarantine videos of new games you create or any idea worth sharing. The less stress we have, the more chance we have of knocking this Virus on its ass.
You wanna sit on your ass all day and watch Netflix series after series…it is the “safe” thing to do right now. Dont’ wanna go to the inlaws…don’t! It is just not safe right now. Sit at home, keep your home clean, and enjoy your unexpected sabbatical.
- finding activities that we can do with our children at home so they do not drive us NUTS while we are all stuck together:) – there are a bunch of amazingly awesome websites that we can visit to come up with educational and energy destroying ideas that we can create with our children while they are stuck at home with us. Here are a few of my favorite websites for cool do-it-at-home ideas.
- finding ways to make extra income while we are stuck at home and not working our normal jobs… Alright alright, if you really wanna know what I do…well, it is hard to wrap up in one paragraph. For many years I have been a Bartender. Always a Gig finder and accomplish er. For the last 8 months I have worked at a Hearing Aid Office, which I LOVE and secures my insurance and steady income. I will eventually plan to become a HIS (Hearing Instrument Specialist). This is a job that anyone with the drive and an Associates Degree can accomplish. A fun little niche that is widely unknown. BUT, beyond this, I do many different Gigs that bring in steady money. As you can see, blogging is #1 (click this link to learn how to start your own). #2 is selling my art in shows and online, #3 is one of my most exciting and fulfilling roles I have had yet.
I will not disclose much information bc I will be doing my first online webinar. It shows you how to optimize your health, invite eco-friendly products into your home, and make money from home. If you are interested in attending, it will take no more than 20 minutes to watch an educational (short) webinar. This will give you the knowledge to decide if I can help your newfound need of extra income dilemma that we have going on right now. Click on this link to sign up for the meeting. Once you hear the info, you can then make an educated decision on whether or not this could help you and your family. Till then, take care!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, please feel free to leave feedback, or ask questions, or…even better...join my Zoom meeting tomorrow at 7pm to see an alternative way to bring sanitary, eco-friendly, and income producing products into your home. Take care, be safe, and be well!!!