(Please don’t freak! We can all get through this together)
Wow. Well, hello 2020. You have made your presence clear, and heard loud and clear. I am so grateful to live in a country that is aware and proactive, and has taken action to lessen the spread of the Virus.
One thing I can say for sure…what has been the worst purchase of 2020? A freaking 2020 planner!!!!
What does this mean for us?! Well, many things, such as learning how to deal with:
1.) drastic loss of income
2.) practicing ways we can prevent the Virus from harming us and the ones that we love
3.) ways to get food and or household items to your home
4.) finding activities that we can do with our children at home so they do not drive us NUTS while we are all stuck together:)
5.) finding ways to make extra income while we are stuck at home and not working our normal jobs…
1.) Covid Must-Know#1: Drastic loss of income
- There are SO many jobs you can do from home. Many you may not care to do, BUT, there are options, no matter what educational level or motivational level you are at. For GENERAL work from home options, please check out my GIGS post. There are a ton of ideas that you can make money from home, temporarily or permanently. Who knows, you may be inspired and find some crazy calling you never knew about…
If you are worried about bills coming in and not having an income, here are a few things to remember:
- if you cannot make a payment, call the Company! Most companies, even student loans, are working with you, as long as you call and talk to them. Definitely pay what you can when you can, but for the most part people are taking away late fees and even extending services…as long as you call and talk with them about your situation.
2.)Covid Must-Know#2: practicing ways we can prevent the Virus from harming us and the ones that we love
- Keep yourself updated with stats, stay-at-home orders, new info about the virus or new discoveries on ways to keep you and your family as safe as possible. The CDC website is one I check almost daily just to get an update of how our world is doing.
- if we happen to test positive – First of all, this is NOT A DEATH SENTENCE. Insurance, or lack there of, can be a huge stress-er, but, most communities are doing everything they can to get testing and/or care to you or family members while this Pandemic is going on. With this particular Virus that is going around, there is no cure or vaccine(yet).
- More and more free testing tents and centers are popping up, so if you are unsure where to go, reach out to your regular Doctor and they can help guide you what to do.
- practicing ways we can prevent the Virus-Ok, so obvious things like washing your hands well, are essential right now. Which means singing Happy Birthday song TWICE each time you wash your hands. Or, try some new songs to make it fun. Trying not to touch your face, taking extra showers, and especially using hand sanitizer. But, these are things we all already know. Just try and enjoy the extra time you get with your family. Laugh lots, love lots, and hell, make some hilarious quarantine videos of new games you create or any idea worth sharing. The less stress we have, the more chance we have of knocking this Virus on its ass.
+++BONUS: Wearing a mask and gloves when going to stores or anywhere out in public is a must for a little while…or a long while. Depending on how long it takes to get vaccines for the country. If you are feeling crafty and would like to make your own masks or for others, see post below under #4.
The thing you should be concerned about here is Prebiotic and Probiotic treatments at home to help prevent getting it. EmergenC supplements are great for everyday use in a time like this. Worst case, you do not absorb all the vitamins so you do not get the full dose. But if you take one packet a day, of that brand or something similar, this will help keep your immunity strong.
Designs for Health Purified Silver Spray – Silvercillin Spray, has been my go-to. AGAIN, not a Doctor, but this spray fights bacterial and viral infections. Does not completely prevent, but is a way to be proactive in supporting your immune system and fighting off possible infections. My Chiropractor swears by this and recommends spraying about 6 sprays (6 for adult, and 3 for children ages 4 and above…maybe younger, but always ask your pediatrician if you are not sure) directly in your mouth first thing daily. It should taste like water, and if it does this will be the only time to do your sprays for the day. If there is a slightly metallic or “funny taste”, then you will want to repeat the recommended sprays throughout the day. My family and I have not EVEN ONCE been sick since February of this year. And with a four-year-old, that is pretty amazing. If you are looking for ways to more natural (and over the counter) means of building your immunity, this is something you may want to try.
These are the only things that we can actively control. Practicing extra sanitary habits to kill off possible infections, and a plan for if you do get sick. Since all your stores locally may not have what you need if you are not stocked up already. I can give you a few sites that have helped me so far in getting what our household needs…
3.)Covid Must-Know#3: ways to have food and everyday items delivered to your home if you are quarantined:
The wonderful thing about living in this century, that we may not have appreciated before, is delivery. Of just about everything we could possibly need. We can order just about anything online and have it delivered right to our door.
Amazon will deliver anything and everything they offer on their site, RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. If you do not have Prime yet, now would be the time to finally give in and go for it. You will get Free Prime Video plus free shipping on all Prime orders. Plus, Free Prime Music to help you stay occupied during this crazy time.
- Amazon can bring Norwex towels, cleaning cloths, window cloths, cleaning supplies, and more right to your door. If you have never heard of Norwex before, be prepared to be amazed. This company produces magical cloths that are made from recycled materials, and will help keep your bodies and home the cleanest they can possibly be without using any type of chemicals. They have BacLoc which helps the cloth sanitize itself within 24 hours of use (with proper care and following washing instructions).
- Target can be a great source for grocery, household, and entertainment items at a great price as well. If you have their debit card (does not cost a penny to get, in fact, you get 5% discount on EVERY PURCHASE doing this) you will get free delivery on every order.
- Sign up for a shopping club like Sam’s, Costco, or another local fave that may have pick up or delivery to your house. Once you are a member, you can order online and have it delivered to you, or you can even place an order through Instacart to have your items delivered to you in the same day.
A lot of restaurants right now are offering free delivery too. Just to support this crazy time. DoorDash is a local service that will bring food from your favorite restaurant TO. YOU. If DoorDash is not delivering in your state or area, I am sure there is a similar company. Take advantage!
Instacart is a service that will go grocery shopping for you. If you are sick or just want to limit your exposure to the public, this is perfect because you order through the app. Pay online through the app, someone gets your list, goes to the store you choose, and delivers it right to your doorstep. This way, you do not have to go out and be exposed to extra germs. Plus this will support people trying to work extra from home right now. Here is a screenshot of all the stores you can order from:
…not only this, but if you are in their service area, you can start working for them and make some extra cash!!!
4.)Covid Must-Know#4: finding activities that we can do with our children at home so they do not drive us NUTS while we are all stuck together:)
You wanna sit on your ass all day and watch Netflix series after series…it is the “safe” thing to do right now. Dont’ wanna go to the inlaws…don’t! It is just not safe right now. Sit at home, keep your home clean, and enjoy your unexpected sabbatical.
There are a bunch of amazingly awesome websites that can help us come up with educational and energy destroying ideas that we can create with our children while they are stuck at home with us. Here are my favorite websites for cool do-it-at-home ideas right now:
Ultimate Bundles Stay at Home Survival Bundle (click on pic above)
If you need some laughs, here a couple of hilarious video clips about being quarantined:
***If you feel creative and want to make some masks for your own use or to donate to those in need, here are 2 great tutorials:
5.) Covid Must-Know#5: Finding ways to make extra income while we are stuck at home and not working our normal jobs…
I do many different Gigs that bring in steady money. As you can see, blogging is #1 (click this link to learn how to start your own). #2 is selling my art in shows and online, #3 is a mix-match of Gigs.
Hope some of these have helped. Together we can get through this. Life will be back to normal someday soon, but until then we can share ideas to keep our sanity:)
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, please feel free to leave feedback, or ask questions. Take care, be safe, and be well!!!