Increase Your Traffic
→Don't have time to read the post now?
8 SUREFIRE WAYS to immediately draw in
- Beautify your blog by using styled stock photos:
- Write a guest post for another blog– join article directories to get your stories and posts out there!
This will give you a whole new audience to read and share your post, will give you practice writing and finding your voice, and new blogging friends! This is the best way to build your back-links which helps improve your SEO.
- Sign up for a scheduled auto posting service.
This will help you pin your posts consistently on social media and grow your reader base.
NextScript has a plugin called SNAP- and they offer a free or paid service, but if you are wanting to auto post to more than just the usual sites, this service will post to 50-different platforms! Talk about an easy way to get more traffic!!!
- Create an irresistible contest or giveaway.
This can be a really fun way to build an email list. Challenges & giveaways have been great for me so far.
- Make sure sharing your content is simple.
- Sign up for Tailwind tribes
(they are free even if you do not have an account already with Tailwind) Tribes are an extension of the blogging community that supports each other in sharing each other's content. Click here to join Bloggers Unite.
- Start engaging more with other people's posts on their websites, social media, and blogs.
The general rule is to only post your stuff 20% of the time, and to re-post and engage in others 80%. We all are trying to help support each other, plus you will learn so much on the way and you will find inspiration from other's ideas.
Plus by having an awesome and helpful comment to a high traffic blog or article can draw people to your writing and your site just from comments.
Link Exchange and SEO
Blog Publishing Platforms:
- Blogger's Soiree
- WAHM.com is one of my favorites right now.
- LinkyTools -as much as I like this one, the website always seems to run super slow but it is a good way to find other blog hops.
- Fuel My Blog–once you register you are given to opportunity to sign up to review and receive free products for a blog review!
- LiveJournal– you can import posts from other networks
- WP Blog
Search Engine Optimization:
A site I found recently is NeilPatel, and they have an awesome (and VERY detailed) site analysis tool. Enter your URL and get your report HERE.
- Yoast- Site Structure help and everything SEO– this is a free read that you can bookmark and reference anytime.
- “SEO Fitness Workbook” by Jason McDonald– He explains everything about SEO very simply and gives you easy tasks so you can make improvements right away. And lots of free tools!