WAIT! Don’t have time to read the post now? Save for later…
Why Direct Sales?
Direct sales (aka network marketing) is my favorite way to bring in residual income. The work is simple and the reward is high. Life transforming high. And basically what you are doing is getting paid for things we are already doing! Sharing your opinion of something you love.
Here are reasons to consider starting your own direct sales business:
- schedule freedom– work when you want with people you decide. This gives you the ability to work while taking care of your home life. You will create a powerful income that will give you the freedom to spend more time with friends and family. You will have the ability to live life on your own terms.
- you will get a discount on your personal purchases no matter which company you decide to represent. This can save you a ton of money on things that you are already purchasing.
- you will have the ability to help others start their own business and change their lives too
But there are companies you need to be careful of as with any business. Make sure to shop around and find a company that you believe in. Don’t love the products because you sell them, sell the products because you LOVE them.
Make sure, before you commit to something, that you have researched it and can see a clear path of what you will be doing. How much upfront costs (if any)? Are you able to get a refund if you decide it is not for you in a timely matter? Any risk involved? Figure out what is in it FOR YOU!
Unfortunately some companies have given Network marketing a bad name, but there are plenty of good ones out there.
My past & why I HAD to change it:
I used to live paycheck to paycheck. Barely able to scrape together extra money if I had to go to Urgent Care. Not sure if I would be able to recover from some type of leave with no pay from work for an injury or other unpredictable disaster. Vacation? What is that?!
Now, I can sleep until I want every single day. I get to be there for my daughter and watch her grow instead of having to miss out because I work a job that takes up all my time and energy. I get to live life on my own terms.
I know that sounds incredibly cheesy, but if you want to change your life, you have to be honest with yourself. You have to observe your life right now in this moment and see where you are, and then imagine where you want to be. This way you can start making changes and baby steps towards your ultimate goal.
And no, you don’t ever get something for nothing.
These types of jobs are extremely SIMPLE, but takes a LOT of dedication and hard work (especially at first).
That it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed, stressed out, and scared at first. As is with any new job! But don’t worry because there are many people out there who have gone through the steps and can share what they have learned with you through books, courses, and support groups.
They have done the hard part for us! All we have to do is implement their tips into our strategy.
It is not easy. BUT IT IS DO-ABLE! There is no sense in reinventing the wheel. That is where a lot of people might give up, because they are not seeing immediate results doing it their way.
Why in the world would you trust a stranger?
I totally get it, why would you trust me when you have never even met me?! I guess the best way to explain why I am reaching out to fellow single parents who are looking to do better in life.
To support others that are struggling to get by, like I was.
This is my passion and I will always feel great about that.
There is no shame in wanting to live comfortably! People like us are great people to create wealth because we understand the value of hard work and find joy in helping others do the same.
How to start ?!
There are ways to tactfully invite people in your everyday lives to hear about your new find. It is not always about “doing parties”, it is about finding ways that work for you and your lifestyle.
The key is to not sound like a salesman, and I found that especially in the beginning it is hard NOT to because of inexperience and nerves.
The process you create for yourself will get easier, and your tactics will become smoother. Just gotta learn the steps to a basic Network Marketing approach, see how you can personalize it, then practice.
Take advice from a PRO:
Without a doubt, reading this book is STEP 1. This one is BY FAR the best and most effective. You will love me for it.
Reading this book will give you an extremely clear idea of how you can shape your business at your own comfort level. By disclosing this wonderful information he will give you a much-needed confidence boost to rock out your Network Marketing gig from day ONE. He explains the mindset to have and ways to convey your message in a pleasant way to others, even friends and family!
Here are a couple of my life coaches that will lift you up and help you see how to reach within and see your goals more clearly:
- Rachel Hollis– this woman is UHHH-mazing. She is the CEO of an awesome lifestyle blog (thechicsite.com), runs the RISE conferences, has a Prime special called “Made For More”, and has written some inspirational books to help you improve your life. These are the two books of hers I highly recommend for any woman that needs a little pick-me-up: * Girl, Wash Your Face, and * Girl, Stop Apologizing
- Tony Robbins– Another phenomenal life coach that will help you dig deep and find your personal power. He, of course, has an inspiring blog, does conferences, and has written many books. All his books have been extremely helpful, but this one is my favorite: *Awaken the Giant Within
I try and have an inspiring book within reach at ALL TIMES, because it is so easy to get stressed out and completely overwhelmed. Rachel will suggest great Podcasts too. She is a great one to have in your inbox.
My personal favorites to work with:
If you are still unsure of which company you want to go with, please check out some suggestions below:
- Norwex– This company has been around for 25 years and going strong. They offer AMAZING cleaning products that help people eliminate chemicals, beauty products without any harmful ingredients, and more. You can make an awesome income, plus earn tons of free products. The way you sell is up to you, you can do parties in person or online (Sqweee, Facebook, etc), sell one on one with people in your life, or sales online through your personal website. And, the best part is your start-up kit is FREE. You pay the shipping, and the kit will remain free with qualifying sales in your first 90 days.
- Barefoot Books– This company has been around for 15+ years. They curate beautifully illustrated diverse and inclusive stories for children. You can sell online (you get a free company website), Facebook parties, house parties, or at your local schools with Fundraisers, book fairs, or community events (such as a Farmer’s Market). You can earn free books, earn income, and know that you are changing the world by sharing these sweet stories with children in your community. You do have to purchase a starter kit, but you get around twenty books to start, and everything you need to start selling right away.
Related: Create a Life You Love, Start Your Own Business Completely Risk Free: use code: smartshopper
If you liked this post and can think of someone this may help please like, share, and comment below.